Thursday, September 8, 2016

Gods Vision...My Purpose

Hey Everybody!

This is my first official update since I began serving on staff with YWAM Honolulu!

For those of you whom don’t yet know, I have agreed to follow Gods calling upon my life to serve on staff with Youth With A Mission in Honolulu Hawaii.

During this period of my staffing experience I am serving as part of the Discipleship Training School (DTS) staff. I will be working directly with the DTS students and training them to be short and long-term missionaries. Then supporting them as they go on outreach cross culturally for three months.

This week as a staff we have been gathering daily for a time to worship together, learn together, serve together, and grow together. Each morning we spend time in small groups reading through 1 Corinthians and sharing how God spoke to us through each passage. It has been so rewarding to learn from Paul’s teaching to the church at Corinth.

On Tuesday we as a staff learned what it meant to have vision and how our personal visions need to align with the vision set forth by God. I was challenged to examine the purpose and vision God has given me. I was reminded that as a Christian my purpose here on earth isn’t finished until everyone has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Although during my lifetime I may be serving God in a variety of capacities, my purpose still remains the same.

We examined the vision of YWAM Honolulu, and I feel that in our partnership together it is important that you (my supporters and partners) know the vision set forth by God for YWAM Honolulu.

YWAM Honolulu is a community of Christians who are called to give their time, talents, and resources for the sending and equipping of long and short term missionaries with a passion for reaching the unreached frontiers.

This vision has been consistent since the pioneering of YWAM Honolulu in 1980 and is relevant today. It is the heart of YWAM Honolulu to raise up missionaries who will reach the unreached.

“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible…To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some” -1 Corinthians 9:19-22

Until heaven is full and hell is empty

Joe Thompson

If you wish to know more about YWAM Honolulu, I encourage you to check out our website at http://www.ywamhonolulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment