Monday, August 22, 2016

What's Next?

If you haven’t already heard I will be moving to Honolulu Hawaii on August 31st to work with the organization Youth With A Mission (YWAM).

In January I began to feel God calling me to return to YWAM Honolulu as part of the staff. This calling caught me off guard and I began to tell God every reason why I shouldn’t go back to YWAM. For the last seven months I have continued to fight with God about this calling and His response has consistently been “do you trust Me?” I have now agreed to follow Gods calling and return to YWAM Honolulu.

While working with YWAM I will get the privilege to be a part of the Discipleship Training School (DTS) Staff. During this period of time I will be pouring into the lives of the DTS students and leading them into a deeper relationship with God. After the students complete their lecture phase, I will be leading a team of students into Southeast Asia for a three month missions trip. On this trip the students will be submerged into a foreign culture, exposed to new adventures, and will be taking the gospel to the nations.

I’m sure you’re wondering how you can be a part of all of this. And here is how!

I am praying for individuals to partner with me on this journey and walk alongside me as I follow Gods calling. I am in need of partners in two main ways. The first way to partner with me is through prayer. I am asking you to agree to pray for me, the students I will be working with, and the impact we will have cross culturally. The second way in which you can partner with me is financially. I am in need of $350 per month which will cover my rent and all my meals. Because YWAM is a nonprofit organization, I will not be getting paid for my service. I am not writing this to ask you for “donations” but rather for partners who want to walk alongside me on this journey. It is not my heart for this to be “my experience,” but rather “our experience.” I want each of my partners to personally see and experience the fruit of our labor, and hear the testimonies of the individuals whose lives have been changed.

If you feel led to partner with me financially here are a few simple ways in which you can do so.

One is simply by check/cash.
The other is through my fundraising site. If you choose to use the site, please note that the website will attempt to take a portion of the donation that you make. But you can correct that by pressing the “YouCaring recommended” button at the bottom of the page and changing the recommended amount to $0.00.


If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me!


Thank you for your support and love as I strive to follow Gods plan.

Joe Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment