Thursday, February 14, 2019

I'm Just a Hot Mess

Recently someone made a comment to me that stated something along the lines of “Joe your life always seems so put together.” I giggled and thanked them and I immediately began to think of all the areas that my life wasn’t “put together”. 

Ever since I was a young kid I remember feeling this inner pressure to appear perfect, and make people believe that my life was pristine. This pressure has carried with me most of my life, and when that comment was given to me I felt validated, as if I had achieved some sort of goal. I guess that goal was to fool those around me into believing that I lived a perfect life. As I pondered that statement I was reminded of how imperfect my life is. In fact it’s really messy. But one of the coolest things about having a relationship with Jesus, is that despite how messy my life is, He loves me the same as if my life was perfect. You see, He doesn’t ask me to be perfect or have my crap together, rather He asks me to come as I am. 

I’m a hot mess. My life is in no way “put together” but, I have a Savior who sees my mess and loves me regardless. And the best part is He doesn’t leave me in my mess. Instead he walks me through it. I am also blessed to have such an incredible group of friends who love me despite my mess and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment